Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How Can I Forget About Boston


I never went to university where I needed to stay in a dorm but when I was in Boston, I kind of felt I was away for collage. Was Harvard really that imposing? Anyway, it felt good to be nostalgic. I can say that I had a good share of memorable moments then. Met some of my closets friends; learned the basics of Photoshop, film processing and developing. It was an awesome time.

Boston is not entirely university town. It does have a spectacular harbour, museums worth checking out like the Isabela Stewart Gardner, notable restaurants like Cragie on Maine, tons of food trucks and book stores. It's still blows my mind that some shops have been in business since the late 1800's! 
Another interesting fact is a lot of sneaker brands have headquarters here.

The vibe in the city is not outright friendly but does come across as warm. If I were to associate it with color, I'd pick rose and a grayish-blue. With a song, it would be Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk by Rufus Wainright (or any of his songs actually). 

Here's the side of Boston I saw last November. Mostly shot at night because I was working during the day (You can't have everything).



















No comments:

Post a Comment