Sunday, January 15, 2012

City Guide to New York Part I: Broadway, Union Square & Flatiron

I've been putting off more posts about my New York trip simply because there's so much to tell. So let me start by categorizing by districts. I think that's the easiest to dissect the city.

I did not see the Statue of Liberty nor spend hours in line to get on top of the Empire State Building. I asked my friends Lorena and Elaine to take me to neighborhoods with little shops and local fair. Not trying to be a history snob but I do feel that a city's history is shaped by its neighborhoods and there's no telling when these places will change.

My first outing was a leisurely walk around the area of Broadway near Union Square and the Flatiron District.
These are the places I enjoyed immensely.

915 Broadway

I remember feeling like a doe-eyed kid when I entered this wonder emporium. It's a shop full of vintage-inspired plates and spoons and glove molds and taffy and marbles and you name it. Took me about 15 minutes and a few rounds just to make up my mind on what to get.




Next: ABC Carpet and Home
To be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment